Server cannot access where backups are to be saved

I have urbackup server running on Ubuntu 14.04. I receive : The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in ‘Settings’ or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory.(err_folder_not_found) My backup destination is a Linux Software Raid 5 array. It is mounted at /media/it/urbackup but the disk location is /dev/md127. Currently I have urbackup server set to /media/it/urbackup. My client for testing purposes is a Win7Pro 64bit machine. I am still learning with Linux. I’ve (at least I think I did it right) set the appropriate permissions. Any suggestions?

I have a similar situation.

when i choose a directory in my main drive everything is fine.

if i put for directory the mount of my btrfs pool then i have a similair message

The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in ‘Settings’ or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory.(err_folder_not_found)

i thought i made both directorys accessible by the urbackup user

any idea about what could be wrong ?

i made the urbackup_snapshot_helper configuration
and the test is is OK

actually i keep with the initial directory but i would prefer to change this backup directory on another drive

A post was split to a new topic: Server cannot access where backups are to be saved Server

@WilliamIT

Most likely permissions issue, provide output for:

ls -la  /media/it/ | grep urbackup
mount | grep urbackup

A little late but I have also issues with permissions on Ubuntu. I do have it running, but not the way I like it. I make backups in a folder like /folder1/folder2

It works when I do it like this:
folder 1 = :urbackup +X
folder 2 = :urbackup +RWX

So the group owner of folder 1 is urbackup with execution rights. The group owner of folder2 is also urbackup with read/write/execution rights. The weird thing is that it doesnt work when I configure it like this:

folder1 = :group1 + X
folder2 = :urbackup + RWX

the user urbackup is part of the group group1.

Any ideas?

Nobody?

Could you list the full ls -l output here for these folders?

Hi,

I didn’t see your reaction. Sorry for the late response. The backup location is /belle/backup/auto

So for the belle folder:

for the backup folder:

For the auto folder:

The urbackup user is both part of the belle as the belle-backup groups.

Any idea?

well you could try the following:
sudo urbackup touch /belle/backup/auto/testfile

if that results in access denied then add rights to the upper directories step by step until you can create the file