RFE: Second admin by group

Hi,

Am using the previous version of UrBackup on a Linux (Ubuntu) host, and already have multiple groups set up to separate and group backups based on the OS and what they do, but…

Have decided that I’m going to offer the use of my UrBackup system as a service to some friends, and some of them have more than one computer…

My plan was to split them into their own groups and add the computers into each friend’s own group (this is both to stop them seeing my data, and also ensure privacy from each other) but when I went to set up the first second admin account up, it became clear that each account can only manage one machine, which kind of breaks my plans…

While this particular instance is a purely personal circumstance, it clearly has business type ramifications where the MSP might be selling Backups As A Service type of setup, and it isn’t really practical to set an account up for each server that each custy has…

I briefly took a look at the rights management: UrBackup - Server administration manual

But it doesn’t appear as flexible as what you are describing (which I agree would be awesome).

-ASB

I definitely think user management needs a lot of improvement and does not even provide basic features to add second admin or group admin or users with proper permissions.

Urbackup need to have ACLs or better user managements and permissions. Also each user should be able to add and mange its own machine on its account instead of admin user to assign them manually every time a new backup client is added.

Could we see such feature on 2.5 version?

Regards
Kiran

Things that are missing is Multi Tenancy, Better User Management with groups and ACLs

Please vote this feature