Restore Database without losing backups

Hi

I am running urbackup in docker on unraid.

I have the following issue: like many before I seemingly have a corrupted database. I read the other threads and tried to do what is written there, but unfortunately all my efforts were to no avail. Here is what I got.

Without any warning I suddenly saw the database error on the homepage (I don’t think I need to post that). After googling I tried the following:

• urbackupsrv repair-database
  • urbackupsrv defrag-databse
  • urbackupsrv remove-unknown

Unfortunately this doesn’t help. If I acknowledge the error it just shows up again some hours later. In addition I sometimes see errors like this in the log:

2022-02-06 12:47:08,392 DEBG 'urbackup' stdout output:
WARNING: SQLite: database corruption at line 78755 of [fb90e7189a] errorcode: 11

2022-02-06 12:47:08,392 DEBG 'urbackup' stdout output:
WARNING: SQLite: statement aborts at 12: [SELECT name, target FROM directory_links WHERE clientid=? AND name=?] database disk image is malformed errorcode: 11

2022-02-06 12:47:09,848 DEBG 'urbackup' stdout output:
WARNING: SQLite: database corruption at line 78755 of [fb90e7189a] errorcode: 11

2022-02-06 12:47:09,848 DEBG 'urbackup' stdout output:
WARNING: SQLite: statement aborts at 12: [SELECT name, target FROM directory_links WHERE clientid=? AND name=?] database disk image is malformed errorcode: 11

Also, for some reason the database backup seems to be broken, because when I checked the backup of the database the last backup I had in the folder was from 3 weeks ago.

Nevertheless the backups still go through and I have a many clients. The question is now, the suggestions I read was to reinstall and start fresh. I however believe that this entails deleting all backups and having to do full backups of all the clients again etc. Is there no way to keep the backed up data and restore or rebuild the database?

Thanks

Oh, additionally, can I run a more robust database like mySQL instead of SQLite?

Edit: Well, my server just crashed and wont start again with error database unreadable… So now I kinda have to start fresh…

1 Like