I am trying to use urbackup to backup-restore my proxmox 6 server
I have installed both server and client at proxmox
Backed -up / with exception of :
I managed to be OK with the backup but I have problem to restore
Restoring back to live proxmox system does not work (system unbootable)
So my “method” is :
- Fresh install of Proxmox CD to the disk have all the volumes - partitions installed the same as was in the backup
- Boot an Ubuntu Live at the freshly installed proxmox server
- Rename machine to original machine name:
- Mount root partition of Prox server under /mnt/root
- install urbackup server
- Stop the server and copy the /mnt/backup/urbackup folder back to /var/urbackup
- Install urbackup client
- Stop the client which tries to make a new backup of the ubuntu to the server
- Trying to ran :
urbackupclientctl restore-start -t /mnt/root -m / -d /root -b last
But It does not work . It writes ubuntu live files over the prox files (which are mounted at
/mnt/root). So I end installing ubuntu over proxmox.
Any idea what am I doing wrong?
I am not sure I under stand what the -t , -m and -d options do
I think -t /mnt/root means --> write to /mnt/root
-m / —> get the files from the backup /
I am not sure what -d /root does ???