"reset" urbackup server

Hey guys…

Is there an easy way to “backup” the server config, and completely delete all database and data to restore the config after?

I don’t really want to generate client and reinstall them…

Maybe @uroni can help :wink:

Hello, I’m not sure if this helps, I know it’s not exactly what you’re asking for, but I hope it somehow helps. Today, I needed to replace the backup disk for the UrBackup server. In this case, there were some test clients, nothing important. I didn’t want to connect to these clients and reinstall the application again. So, I took note of the client’s name on the server, the location it uses to back up the client, and the internet password because mine runs on the internet. I deleted the clients from the server and ran this command “urbackupsrv cleanup --amount 100”. After some time, it cleaned up the deleted clients, and then I just needed to register them again with the same password and name. After a few minutes, they started backing up again, haha.

My UrBackup server hardware died a while back and this is what I did to restore. Don’t know exactly how to wipe the database without a new install but maybe you could nuke /var/urbackup.

As root
sudo -i
/etc/init.d/urbackupsrv stop
cd /var/urbackup
cp /urbackup/urbackup/* .
chown -R urbackup:urbackup *
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
/etc/init.d/urbackupsrv start

Hope this is helpful.