Regarding backup cron

Hello Team,

I’ve some confusion in backup cron of a client.

Let me define my requirement: I want to take backup of a particular client as given below"
Incremental backup: Every Thursday at 1PM
Full Backup: First day of Every Month

Now I’ve gone as below:
Setting -> Select particular client -> Separate settings for this client

Now here I’ve confused because there are two option given as below:

1. File Backup:
  • Interval for incremental file backup : 5 hour
  • Interval for full file backup : 30 days
  1. Client:
  • Backup window for incremental file backups : Thurs/13:00-13:30
  • Backup window for full file backups : 1-7/0-24

Kindly guide me how should I get my requirement.

This is how frequently the backups will run if the defaults are left of backup any time you want.

This will restrict the previous settings to only allow those backups to occur when they fall within a specific time/day window.

I’m guessing: Even with CBT I don’t think it will create a local snapshot at the time interval requested and upload all backup snapshots to the server at time of backup transfer like Time Machine on Apple

Thank you so much for describing such vital information. Sorry but still I’m struggling to find out my below requirement:

Full Backup: First day of Every Month.

I don’t know how to set cron for above requirement.

I don’t see it in the manual either… however, I do see the Archive function being day aware:

That might get you where you need to go, just not the same path you were wanting to take. :slight_smile:
]<

I believe the Archive function makes the backup permanent on the server until you manually delete the backup. Don’t think that’s what you’re looking for.

https://www.urbackup.org/administration_manual.html#x1-10100011.5

Per: UrBackup - Server administration manual

The only time interval control for backups are days of the week and times of the day. Not days of the month so I think you’ll have to figure out something else to get your desired result.

Why are you trying to force a full?