Recovery with backup drive only

Owing to some finger trouble on my behalf I mangled the boot drive on my windows 10 box taking with it both the server and client. All I have left is just the backup drive. I have reinstalled Windows 10 with the latest server and client. But the the client does not seem to display it’s previous (pre-disaster) backups contained on the backup drive.

In order to make a recovery I need to persuade urbackup to see the original backups made by the client in happier days. Alternatively are the any standalone tool which understands the structure of the backup folders with special reference to redirected folders such as “Documents”, “Desktop” etc which can’t be opened/traversed in with the normal Windrows applications.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Rod

Platform/Software details

OS Platform Windows 10 x64
UrBackup Server 2.4.13 (x64)
UrBackup Client 2.4.10 (x64)

The server backs up it’s database (nightly I believe) to \urbackup
At least that is where it is on Linux.
You could try restoring the database to the urbackup folder on the drive where the server software is.

That failure to traverse certain link types I think is a bug in Windows Explorer… have you tried opening an admin command prompt and seeing if it can cd down into those folders?
If you can, that means you can simply copy the data you need out using command line tools, or even 3rd party GUI file managers.

Edit: I should add that I only use UrBackup with Linux clients and on a Linux server, so I’m just guessing

Hi All
I have found the solution to this problem, and kicked myself very hard for not seeing it earlier!! Simply remount the backup partition on the SAME drive letter as it had when the backup was made and all the symlinks/redirections/junctions will make sense (even to explorer :wink: ) Nonetheless, thanks to all in this forum for your assistance.

Regards Rod