QNAP 453A - server not available for client

Hi everyone!

I’m writing this post because have small problems with UrBackup.

I spoke with QNAP support about UrBackup on my machine. They suggested me transfer my program to cointainer with Ubuntu or Debian system. Okej!

I use this command

echo ‘deb /repositories/home:/uroni/Debian_8.0 - openSUSE Download /’ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/urbackup-server.list
apt-get update
apt-get install urbackup-server

And i checked port listening

root@URBackupVirtual:~# netstat -plt                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 *:55413 : LISTEN 370/urbackupsrv
tcp 0 0 *:55414 : LISTEN 370/urbackupsrv
tcp 0 0 *:55415 : LISTEN 370/urbackupsrv
udp 0 0 192.168.20.247:35623 : 370/urbackupsrv

I downloaded client for Windows 10. It’s my test platform. I haven’t connection with my server.
Qnap have specific network option. I change NAT version to BRIDGE.

What’s is wrong? Debug option? Test connection?

This option was working. https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=109443 but i prefer container.

i don t know qnap , but you didn’t said what was your problem, where is you error?
And yes, debug logs for clients and server can help.

I haven’t connection with client via local.

Only connection via Internet WORK…

I go to documentation and try do debbug log.

Client log
Server log

No local connection but internet connection ok sounds like the client and sever aren’t on the same lan and client doesn’t get udp broadcasts.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :    Test computer

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.20.51
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.20.1

Qurbackup

eth0      
Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:16:3e:45:2d:af                                                                                        
          inet addr:192.168.20.247  Bcast:192.168.20.255  Mask:255.255.255.0                                                                   
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1                                                                                   
          RX packets:39430 errors:0 dropped:6867 overruns:0 frame:0                                                                            
          TX packets:233 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0                                                                               
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000                                                                                                         
          RX bytes:5301066 (5.0 MiB)  TX bytes:11248 (10.9 KiB)

Hello

Just saw the server logs
ERROR: InternetService: Failed binding socket to port 55415. Another instance of this application may already be active and bound to this port.

Would you happen to have 2 instances of urbackup server running?
netstat -pantu| grep LIST
ps axf

Log from QNAP
PS axf from QNAP

Log from container (include ps axf)

netstat from outside the container doesn t show port 55415 being used?

I created bridge with other IP address for Qurbackup. NAS have ..20.164 Container(urbackup) ..20.247

That’s what you meant?

I did next step with this sh#$ (QNAP :)) Create 2 containers with this same.

One used connect via BRIDGE ( other ip ( 192.168.20.247)

Next used connect via NAT. (Port forwarding)

Log from QNAP.

Only “Internet” working. I don’t know why ;/ … I will take old laptop. Install debian with qurbackup and i will throw in the corner. :slight_smile:

If you can backup in internet mode (not just only connect), i wouldn’t bother dedicating a computer to it.
If that worries you a lot, you can change the internet settings to be the same that the local one in the advanced tab.
Only issue is that there s a bug so that you may only have a single internet urbackup server.