Performance directions winserver2012DEDUP vs btrfsDEDUP

Hi,

I need advice, were using urbackup to backup fileserver (Windows+NTFS+winserver2012DEDUP), about ~2TB storage and ~3,5m files
Setup was file backup, forever incremental (30 incrementals, no full allowed)
and it started to failing (and before failing becoming rly slow), recently more often (hardlinks error mostly) (second much smaller fileserver isnt failing at all)

So im looking for hints what to improve. My first idea was that ntfs dedup isnt working great with urbackup, so maybe btrfs is better solution but i as i said i need advice from someone more experienced with filesystems.

BTRFS haven’t inline dedup, only batch dedup for the moment, and this is still experimental i think …
If you have lot of RAM on your server, you should consider using ZFS as backend FS, which have both compression and dedupe and is very robust even under Linux
Especially that now the beta 2.2.5 uses ZFS snapshots for file backups, making backups even faster and space efficient.

Regards,

From what i know it works same way as ntfs dedup, its just “offline” dedup what is perfectly fine for backup storage, for zfs im afraid i dont have enough resources