One client no longer sees second backup server

I have 2 urbackup servers, and several clients backing up to both. It’s been working fine for a year or so, but last week both backup server machines crashed, and after restart, one client cannot see the second backup server.

Details:
both servers are running 1.4.13
all clients were running 1.4.7

after restarting everything, one machine kept reporting no connection error-2 for both servers, even though I could ping the ip addresses from that machine.
I stopped and started the 1.4.7 client service, but no difference
I reinstalled the 1.4.7 client, but no difference.
Then I installed 1.4.11 client, and it suddenly found the first backup server listed in server_idents.txt and backed up successfully there.
It doesn’t see the second one (server_idents.txt is identical on all the clients, and I have checked this again after installing v1.4.11).
If I get the second backup server to initiate a client backup on this client, the attempt to backup aborts almost immediately with “constructing of filelist of ‘chloe’ failed: ERR”

I suspect it’s something simple that I’ve missed doing. I’m hoping wiser heads than mine can suggest what to look at next.

regards
David

I guess at this point you have tried restarting the server which fails to backup the client, or kept the client offline for at least 5min such that it shows online = “No” on the web interface?

I tried all of that on saturday. Then when nothing happened after an hour, I used URBackup server to request a backup of the client. That ran successfully. But only that one. Subsequent attempts all fail with “constructing of filelist of ‘chloe’ failed: ERR”

should I try something like deleting failed backups from that server for that client?

regards
David

Two days ago I ran the remove_unknown command on both backup servers. Since then, the troublesome client has backed up to both servers without error.

I am continuing to monitor this, but it looks as if the issue is fixed.

regards
David