No backup successful since one month

I’m using UrBackup since several months. Unfortunately it seems to have problems with continued backups and file locks. Since one month no backup is executed although the most files were transferred certainly successfully. Wouldn’t it be possible to backup all files available instead of letting the complete backup fail just because one file is locked or some other minor error occurs at the end? What is done with the data which was transferred for several hours to the server? Is it lost? The last successful backup is from 02/19/17 13:55.
From simpler backup solutions by just copying files I would have at least all files which could be read and non readable files would have been ignored. The current situation I have for UrBackup is that I have no backup since one month. What can be done here? One file which is permanently locked is a 100 GB virtual machine image which is used all the time by Oracle’s VirtualBox and is constantly updated. I would have thought that with snapshot mechanisms and shadow copies a consistent snapshot can still be taken. Is this the case?

Here are the errors I see:

Level	Zeit	Nachricht
Fehler
03/21/17 13:41
backupcom->DeleteSnapshots(dir->ref->ssetid, VSS_OBJECT_SNAPSHOT, TRUE, &dels, &ndels) failed .VSS error code VSS_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND
Fehler
03/21/17 13:41
Deleting shadowcopy failed.
Fehler
03/21/17 17:20
Error getting complete file "g6ZInLSk2YP3kUnszVc5|C/Users/widerstand/.gradle/daemon/3.1/daemon-8888.out.log" from DeepSpace9. Errorcode: BASE_DIR_LOST (7)
Fehler
03/21/17 17:20
Client DeepSpace9 went offline.
Fehler
03/21/17 20:13
Backup failed

Also the image backup has failed although I’m using the CBT version:

Fehler
03/21/17 04:54
Backing up System Reserved (SYSVOL) partition failed. Image backup failed
Fehler
03/21/17 04:54
Backup failed

Fehler
03/20/17 23:43
Error on client occurred: Creating Shadow drive failed. Stopping.
Fehler
03/20/17 23:43
Backup failed

The client is running on Windows, version 2.0.38 cbt. I guess it is updating automatically, because it is configured so. The server is version 2.1.18

You might not have enough free space for snapshot storage (shadow copy storage on Windows). You’ll see more details in the system/application Windows event log (look for VSS).

If you have enough free space, you can also google for how to increase the shadow storage. I.e. as explained here.

This might help. I will see if it works. Would it be possible to query and allocate this automatically during the setup? I’m not sure if a standard user will ever find out the reason for this problem.

To see the available reserved storage one can execute:

vssadmin list shadowstorage

Regarding the file backup, I have enabled to finish the backups also in case of read errors. But I still get:

Fehler
03/23/17 17:16
Error getting complete file "g6ZInLSk2YP3kUnszVc5|C/Users/UpdatusUser/NTUSER.DAT" from DeepSpace9. Errorcode: BASE_DIR_LOST (7)
Fehler
03/23/17 17:16
Client DeepSpace9 went offline.
Fehler
03/24/17 01:34
Backup failed

I fuess NTUSER.DAT is always locked so this error will happen always or can it also be related to the shadow copy service?

Works now. Setting the shadow copy storage and maybe enabling to finish the backups also in case of read errors enabled file and volume backups to be executed successfully.

Is this a setting of UrBackup Server or is it related only to VSS?
I would like to ignore all read errors and consider the backup well done.