MySQL or Postgres instead of sqlite?

I am using urbackup since quite a while now and its internal database is growing like hell.

Since I have a big database host in my lab, I was wondering if there is a way to use one of those databases as a backend for urbackup?

No, but why would you need to? SQLite supports a database size of up to 281 terabytes, much larger than most filesystems or budgets allow.

For the easy reason of external databases. I can have the database on my central database server. Easier management / backup

Hi, I m also interested

Hi,

I am also interested in this. I am tired of urbackup db being corrupted all the time, no mater the system where I have installed UrBackup.

So, for me a DB server like MariaDB/PostgreSQL would be better and way more stable…

SQLite is used in stuff like the Airbus A350 flight software. So it would be nice if you report any corruption problems? I don’t want any planes to crash. Alternatively something in you systems is broken and a different database wouldn’t help either.

I also confirm. Sqllite corrupts itself if it runs out of space. That can happen if the database shares space with backups. Unfortunately, I had this problem several times. I have a 12 TB storage. When it runs out of space, the SQLite database have gone corrupted. I have also experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL. Both databases stop working when they run out of space. But they do not get corrupted.
And by the way, the Airbus computers work as a cluster. If one computer/database breaks, they vote and choose that one that works. They have auto-healing, something that the SQLLite database does not have by itself.
So, please consider a different database, like MySQL, MariaDB, PerconaSql or PostgreSQL. Your product would gain much with it.

Again if you think SQLite has any issues it would be nice if you report them e.g. at SQLite Forum: Forum . OPs reason is much more appropriate then bugs that you don’t want to track down or fix.