Moving old backups to Bluray mdisc or dvd for archiving

Hi guys, I hope you are ok and with good health.

I was wondering if you have any advice on how could I move Archived information from urbackup to a Bluray Mdisc or a DVD for that matter.

Can I simply copy the urbackup structures for each workstation? I want to release some space from the harddrive.

Or do I need to some procedure first so the information is readable on the Bluray or DVD?

I hope you could advice me. I’m using windows server 2012 with NTFS partition on the urbackup directory and want to move some old workstation information to a M-Disc Bluray 100GB discs.

Does anybody had done something like this?
Thanks for your suggestions.

:o)

Why not just reduce number of backups or do full backups less often?
Urbackup will take care of freeing up the space that way.

Its more to get a permanent copy of some people who have left the company. (Some of them actually deleted their files from their laptop before return it.) I have them archived on the Urbackup file so no worries there. But I dont want that info be eventually overwritten, But if I keep it stored there marked as archived I will eventually run out of space.

So I would like to move that “dead archives” to a mdisc for a “historic archive” sort of. In case something is needed. that old info is not necesary to be on an active hard drive.

Thats why I would like to move that info to another place.

From the client machine, right click tray icon > Access/restore backups, select a backup, pick download as zip, store the zip file, delete the client. you have a nice zip archive you can store (or extract) anywhere, & deleting the client frees space because all associated backups get removed.

That’s a good idea BB, but with clients in 10 locations it’s not practical for me.