Mounting image backup on web blank

I have seen a few other threads but none for URBackup server on Windows server. When I try to mount a windows image in the web interface, it just comes up blank, showing no folders or files. I am guessing this is a permissions issue.

I do have a funky setup.
-Windows Server 2012 R2 server
-Have URBackup service running under a local admin account on the server, this account is also the ONLY account that has access to the backup data. I did this for security reasons obviously.
-Bitlocker is being used on separate volume that backup data is located on as well.

Can you have a look at the server log file?

This is the only thing I see in ‘C:\Progam files\UrBackupServer\urbackup.log’

2017-08-03 10:41:04: ERROR: Error creating ImDisk device. The remote computer refused the network connection. (code: 1225)

There are probably issues with the imdisk driver. Could you see if it works after manual installation (C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\imdisk or from http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/#ImDisk )

Looks like installation if failing:

c:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\imdisk>install.cmd
ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver setup

The ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver is not loaded.
Number of existing ImDisk virtual disks: 0

The ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver Helper service is stopping.
The ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver Helper service was stopped successfully.

The AWE Memory Allocation Driver service was stopped successfully.

The service is starting or stopping. Please try again later.

ERROR: The process “imdsksvc.exe” not found.

The ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver Helper service was started successfully.

The AWE Memory Allocation Driver service was started successfully.

The service is starting or stopping. Please try again later.

The important part is only the driver. So right click imdisk.inf and click “install”.

Afterwards sc query imdisk should show it as running.

OK did that, rebooted, saw imdisk service is running, but same error in log when trying to mount

So if the image file are using vhdz, do they have to decompress when trying to mount through the web interface? Perhaps that is the issue?

Have a same problem on my win 2012 R2.
2018-02-13 10:54:20: ERROR: Error creating ImDisk device. The remote computer refused the network connection. (code: 1225)

urbackup.log (51,5 КБ)

ImDisk work propertly (if i install ImDisk Toolkit i can manualy mount vhd from backup folder on my server)

But installation from urbackup dir mount failed:

I think problem with imdisk but can`t find support forum.

After many install try Mount button gone:

Also windows 2012 R2 have tool:

can use this?

Can you solved the problem?

I ended up just not compressing vhd’s. Then just mounting them not using IMdisk. Never got this to work.