Mount image is not working under RHEL 7.3

hi:
try command "su -s /bin/bash urbackup -c “urbackup_mount_helper mount client 170302-1658_Image_C Image_C_170302-1658.raw”
result:

Error setting loop device to direct io. Err: 22
Guestmount…
libvirt: error : internal error: libvirt.so is not safe to use from setuid programs
libguestfs: error: you must have libvirt >= 0.10.2 to use the ‘libvirt’ backend

should I start urbackup-server as root or there maybe workarround?

even if I run urbackup with root, it still can not work. that’s sad.

according to http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html

“mount: unsupported filesystem type” with NTFS in RHEL ≥ 7.2

On the page https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/virtualization/html/book.virt/chap.guestfs.html you may see this warning:
“Warning: Unsupported File System
Guestfs may also support Windows* file systems (VFAT, NTFS), BSD* and Apple* file systems, and other disk image formats (VMDK, VHDX…). However, these file systems and disk image formats are unsupported on SUSE Linux Enterprise”
I think that it is licensing restrictions of ntfs, hfs+ and another file systems on enterprise linux.

yes. RHEL has patch to disable the function. one need to disable the patch and re-package to get back the function.
I think it worth the effort to get back the function. but how about newer libvirt don’t want suid program?

What about this: “On RHEL 6 and 7 (only) you have to install libguestfs-winsupport to get Windows guest support.”?

If there is such a package adding it as dependency to urbackup-server should fix it, correct?

hi:
libguestfs-winsupport >= RHEL 7.2 disabled ntfs support when mounting image, so urbackup won’t work with it. users need to repackage it to disable redhat patch. and libvirt at REHL 7.3 don’t like suid program (eg: urbackup_mount_helper can not suid). so there are two things effect urbackup in RHEL 7.3.

for the suid part, should we run urbackup-server as root, or there are other ways to run urbackup_mount_helper as normal “urbackup” user but still able to mount image?