Meaning of settings, I don't find in manual

Hi, again.

Is that a positive or a negative switch?

cpu_mitigations

IPv6 handling is strange, regardless set to disabled, stateless or DHCP, it get always the same correct IPv6 address … ?

ipv6_stuff

Obviously appliance is able to deal with SMB services, they are enabled by default:

samba_stuff

But how to setup and control them? At least not in WebIF … as far as I can see …

===

And a last question, is there any build in possibility to do a backup of a backup (appliance)?

Regards

If you set it, it’ll disable the mitigations. Per default they are enabled.

Hmm, would need to look into this. Could be a bug. Maybe it works in your network with both stateless and dhcp?

It automatically shares for the users. So admin can access all, for the other uses it uses the backup view permission.

The configuration is backed up to the backup storage. If you use the cached RAID as backup storage, that one can be replicated to S3. You can also selectively replicate to another appliance. Or use S3 as backup storage and replicate that.

Ok, so just to clarify that, “Disable” here means, it disables the Kernel settings that prevents usage of CPU security flaws on the appliance?

There’s no IPv6 DHCP in that environment I’m aware of, it is completely encapsulated inside a privat network within a Hyper-V installation using an “ipfire” VM as a router to my real network. ipfire gets its red connection information from my Fritz!Box, but the FB does only advertise DNS over DHCPv6 … down the line, the point is, it doesn’t matter what I set IPv6 to, appliance has an IPv6 address, always the same and does work.

No cache at all, just local storage, actually 2x VHDX just to evaluate how that appliance does work. I don’t want to replicate to any cloud service, don’t want to run into poverty and is a matter of trust. But thanks will think about …