macOS Client stuck on Add/Remove path

I am unable to Add/Remove path on my M1 MacBook Air, I have no issues with other Macs. After clicking the Add option the client will freeze and not open the browsing window.
urbackup_client_backend.log (154.7 KB)

urbackupclientctrl list-backupdirs
urbackupclientctl add-backupdir -d [path]
urbackupclientctl remove-backupdir -n [name]

Maybe this helps to do it from the command line?

I’ve tried
backupclientctl add-backupdir -d /Volumes/
It threw the following error:
Cannot read backend password from /Library/Application Support/UrBackup Client/var/urbackup/pw_change.txt
When trying the same command with sudo
sudo backupclientctl add-backupdir -d /Volumes/
It does not give out an error, however, the path I added does not come up with urbackupclientctl list-backupdirs

I’m experiencing the same issue.

I’ve tried
backupclientctl add-backupdir -d /Volumes/
It threw the following error:
Cannot read backend password from /Library/Application Support/UrBackup Client/var/urbackup/pw_change.txt
When trying the same command with sudo
sudo backupclientctl add-backupdir -d /Volumes/
It does not give out an error, however, the path I added does not come up with urbackupclientctl list-backupdirs

I don’t have a mac to test it on but maybe nuke the urbackup client and reinstall? You probably already tried that.

Checking a Linux client, /usr/local/var/urbackup/pw_change.txt shows that it is owned by root with rwx (700) permissions. That file contains a key on a single line.

This post shows a similar length key in the pw_change.txt file which was a permissions issue although it was on the server.

Good luck!