MacOS client 2021

Are you using the latest 2.5.x (from post MacOS client 2021 - #76 by uroni I guess) ? On the web interface it shows what they do if you hover over them… (and you should be using a 2.5.x server also)

Yes my client ist 2.5.x but the server ist 2.4.13. I’ll update an report back…

Ok it looks like I’ve reached a dead end here. My server is Windows Server 2008 and I can’t make Urbackup Server 2.5.x run on it. I’ll have to put in some thought on the future of the server before fixing. Or is it whise to run the client for Mac 2.4.x?

Yes - definitely worth trying the 2.4 client. Though it doesn’t have some of the later fixes in it, it did work fine a little while ago.

I am new to URBackup but so far think it’s great. I have a kind of complicated backend setup and am not a developer but am fluent in all of the operating systems I have it running on. The server is running on a fresh install of Debian 11. It’s working fine but I had rebuilt it at a certain point and kept the same name/IP and so my clients got all confused because of the keypair that changed. I have that ironed out on the PC side but not on the Mac side. My mac is running 10.15.7 and looking at the debug info that I got from this thread it’s complaing about the client/server/db versioning mismatch. I suspect it’s just confused about my rebuilding the server so I was hoping I could get some info on how to flush out the client list on the server and Mac client manually. I could not find anything on the Mac aside from the Applications folder that would help. Because it will not run I cannot configure the client on the mac or do anything. I don’t have any settings available to change because it’s not running right-I just get the “there was an error” message. On the server end I suspect it’s all in the database and nothing I can do without being a DB person. I don’t mind testing anything on the mac or server side or clearing all my client/server key pairs out on the server. Thanks in advance, Steve

Hello Steve:

Thanks for posting. I suspect others would be better at advising exactly how deep your clearing out should go, but on the macOS client you’ll find:

• All the config info is stored in /Library/Application Support/UrBackup Client
  • Logs are stored in /Library/Logs/urbackup_client_backend.log - you may find something of relevance in there.

If you were looking to nuke the installation on your Mac, you should run the Uninstall option from the menu bar icon, then delete /Library/Application Support/UrBackup Client, then reinstall the client - but it may be possible to simply reset the keys - I don’t know about that.

Also please note that updated client downloads are now available in this year’s thread: MacOS client 2022

Thanks!

Wow that is great-exactly what I needed-thank you so much!

Yes, I am aware and had been trying the beta client as well as the 2022 client. Thanks for the quick response and work on an excellent product!