Thread to track macOS client status.
@Moisie correct me if I am wrong, but this is the stuff to be done till there is a (working) pkg again:
- Integrate notarization into build process
- Somehow setup builds. @Moisie do you need Apple developer membership?
- Fat-binaries for Apples ARM64 transition
- Big Sur probably broke it again, so it needs testing there
Nice to have:
- Ask with explanation that the App bundle is added to Full disk access (see e.g. https://github.com/MacPaw/PermissionsKit/blob/master/PermissionsKit/Private/FullDiskAccess/MPFullDiskAccessAuthorizer.m or other backup software e.g. https://kb.acronis.com/content/62133 )
- Integrate with time machine snapshots/use APFS snapshots
- Low priority: Finding out how APFS sparse files work and supporting those
Current test version:
/Library/Application Support/UrBackup Client/var/urbackup/dataisn’t created during installation. This causes file backups/settings exchange to fail.
- Crashes on macOS 10.13.6