MacOS client 2020

I have already restarted and logs is empty.

Hi:

Hmmmm - not sure. Iā€™ve got it successfully running on macOS 10.12 and 10.15 - but I havenā€™t specifically tried 10.13 yet. Iā€™ll give it a go over the next few daysā€¦

To be more complete, I first installed the web interface client and then the client of this post. Iā€™d like to uninstall them completely to redo a new install with the last one.

How do I uninstall all the files properly?

Did you install the Linux client on MacOS? (Thatā€™d only work on Windows with WSL :wink: )

I did install the right version. Macos Version

What does file /usr/local/bin/urbackupclientctl say?

cannot execute binary file.

with or without sudo

Your system is broken. Not even the file command works.

I can run other applications installed on the command line, such as Microsoft Word for example.

MacOS installation is fresh.

Run the Uninstall option from the menu bar icon, and trash the folder /Library/Application Support/UrBackup Client

Once the uninstaller has completed, double-check that the UrBackup Client application is completely removed from the Applications folder.

Once youā€™ve done this, install the client from this page - not from the web interface.

Let us know how you get on.

EDIT Actually, itā€™s not worth doing any of this until youā€™ve fixed the bigger problems on your system. First off, try booting into Recovery Disk and reinstalling macOS over the top of your current installation.

For the record, the correct path for macOS would be:

file /Applications/UrBackup\ Client.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/urbackupclientctl

ā€¦but yes, this does sound like a sickly OS installā€¦ :worried:

1 Like

Hello,

Version MACos 10.13.6 freshly reinstalled.
installation of the Urbackup MAC client final-signed.pkg of the post
application of the following command lines :
sudo mkdir /Library/Application\ Support/UrBackup\ Client/var/urbackup/data
sudo chown root: /Library/Application\ Support/UrBackup\ Client/var/urbackup/data
sudo chmod 700 /Library/Application\ Support/UrBackup\ Client/var/urbackup/data.
added full disk access for urbackup client.

reboot

I have the icon in the taskbar with the possibility of access backup, about, status uninstall.

in a terminal:

sudo -s

bash-3.2# ps -e |grep urb
284 ?? 29:28.07 /Applications/UrBackup Client.app/Contents/MacOS/urbackupclientgui
901 ttys000 0:00.00 grep urb

in Application Urbackup directory.

bash-3.2# ./urbackupclientbackend
Segmentation fault: 11

bash-3.2# file urbackupclientbackend
urbackupclientbackend: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

bash-3.2# ./urbackupclientctl status
Error getting status

bash-3.2# ./urbackupclientctl set-settings
Error setting settings.

bash-3.2# cat /Library/Logs/urbackup_client_backend.log
empty

I think it doesnā€™t work on this version of the OS.

I tried on version 10.15.5, it works with the same method
Donā€™t forget to uncheck the client update option on the server.

For the record, Iā€™m seeing the same issues on macOS 10.13.6 - but it does appear to work as expected on 10.14.6 (and 10.12.6, and 10.15.7).

test on Mojave 10.14.6, it also works

I have urbackup running on 10.15.7 after very similar hickups to those of Buzzz above. The client would tell me no internet server was conifgured and menus like the setting or Add/remove paths wouldnā€™t even open. For me the main culprit was the update setting on the server for the client. As soon as I made sure that it was turned off everything went fine after installation.
Thank you guys for all your hard work.

Thanks for the feedback Luca; Iā€™ll add what you describe to my list of things to look intoā€¦ :slight_smile:

Ok, let me know if I can help with some additional info

@Moisie Could you look into that missing /Library/Application Support/UrBackup Client/var/urbackup/data ? A simple mkdir -p "/Library/Application Support/UrBackup Client/var/urbackup/data" in the postinst script should fix it, no?