Mac backups fail, CANNOT_OPEN_FILE (3) error

I just set the server up on my NAS (running OpenMediaVault) and got everything working there as far as I can tell. I installed the client software on my Mac and want to start a backup, but I keep getting a CANNOT_OPEN_FILE (3) error after it Indexes.
The file it mentions having issues with looks to be the destination folder, but the software created that folder itself, so I’m confused as to how it can be the problem. I am at a loss for what to do (I did check permissions and urbackup has read/write permission on the Backups folder, the urbackup folder and all its subfolders).
PS. the file path is for the correct drive as it is mounted on my Mac (it is set to mount on login).

Here is my file path:

Here is the urbackup folder on the server:

Here is the client settings:

Here is the error in the Web GUI:

Here is my log:

Sorry you are having issues. To solve the problem the client (debug) log would be useful.
If possible, could you post it or send it?

This post describes how to change the client to debug logging, where it is stored and where to send it to if posting is not possible: Having problems with UrBackup? Please read before posting

Thanks!

Here is the log file, just not sure how to do the debug part.
urbackup_client_backend.log (1.3 MB)

Yeah, thanks. It seems this is caused by the folder being named “urbackup”. Ouch. In The “Add/Remove backup paths” screen you can change the name on the bottom to something else and it should work (perhaps you need to restart the backend as well).

Is it gonna make a folder with the same name as the path to backup into?

Did that, but no joy. What does it need to do in the Dane-Macbook.local folder though? I’m confused by the directory layout.

Did you restart the service afterwards?

I restarted the server and the Mac, but it still doesn’t work. I named the path Dane-Mac, do I need to create a folder with that name inside the urbackup folder to which it points? What does the path have to look like in relation to the folder structure?

This is what the log looks like after the restart, despite the path being named Dane-Mac.

I don’t know what happened, but now I just turned on my Mac and it works to the point where it actually says “Backup Succeeded” and there are folder inside the Dane-MacBook.local that each contain a Dane-Mac folder, though there is nothing inside those folders. The log says that it only transferred 935 bytes, so it’s not finding/accessing the data correctly, right?
Could it be that the Mac file system is confusing it with the exclusions?

You should empty the inclusions. Usually you don’t need that.

Update: I might be an idiot. The path I set in the client software on the Mac, is that supposed to be the source or the destination? I had it as the destination, just changed it to source.

Removed the inclusion, now it is backing up the contents of the destination folder on the server instead of the computer.

The destination is set to backup to Backups>urbackup. Inside the urbackup folder is the clients, Dane_MacBook.local, urbackup and urbackup_tmp_files folders, which I assume is normal, but those folders are currently being backed up into Dane_MacBook.local>[numbered-folder-name]>Dane_Mac