Local backup (simple questions)

Hello everybody,

I start testing urbackup this week and have a few questions, maybe the forum can help me.

1. I need only a local backup’s right now;

2. The server is in 192.168.1.x and de clients in 192.168.10.x, can force de clients to communicate with de server? because client not discover automatic de server.

3. My ideia is copy backup files not to the server but to the NAS in the same network, its is possible? Or the backup is only to the server?

Best Regards,

António

1. OK
  2. Internet mode.
  3. Supply UNC path to share in “Backup storage path”, make sure that the user the server runs as (SYSTEM by default on Windows) has full access to said share.

Can I configure a different backup path for different clients?
I need copy backups, something like this:
Client John - - > John folder;
Client Carol - - > carol folder.

It’s possible?
I have been searching but I found only one path on server…

Best regards,
António

UrBackup is designed to use a single backup storage area, but keeps details of each client computer in separate folders within this storage area. There is no method for separating either individual users or individual computers into different storage areas.

The reason for this is UrBackup uses a very efficient file storage method that keeps a single copy of the contents of each file and separate copies of the metadata, or file storage details such as folder path and modification dates, for each file selected for backup. It then uses facilities within the operating system to create a virtual view of the client folders at the time of each backup, whether full or incremental. The “single copy” rule applies whether the various duplicate files are on a single computer or scattered among several client computers. This requires a single file system on the server to keep both the contents of the files and the constructed “virtual” client folders which hold the backups.

If you need more space than a single location provides on your server, please look at the methods your operating system provides to join multiple physical drives into a single logical file system.