List of directories to backup

Hello,
How can I set up properly, the list of directories to backup to be permanent on the client? On server version 2.4.15 it was working normal.
When I set for example 2 directories on the client, on the server: “Default directories to backup” is set to “Using settings configured on client” - this is ok!
On the client I see the 2 directories in the list, this is ok! After the firt Full backup, on the server: CLIENT - PERMISSIONS: I disable this right (the group has no right to modify the list of directories).
BUT later, when I want to add more directories (enable the right again on the server), only the firt 2 directories showing on the client.
Even if I add more directories: after the first backup the other directories disappear from the list.
This thing was not with server 2.4.15.
My config: Ubuntu 22.04 up to date in the cloud with internet mode, Urbackup server 2.5.24, client 2.5.19.
Can someone help me please, if I misunderstood something?
Thanks.

Updated:
If I make a list of folders on the client, for example: C:\F01,C:\F02. The backup is ok, the right of changing directories is enabled on the server for this client. Everyting is ok!

• For protection, after the backup I disable the right of changing directories on the server, for this client. This is also ok!
  • Later if I want to add more directories to the list, enable the right again on the server for this client. This is also ok!
  • BUT if I want to add more folders, the folder list is empty!!! and I have to add again all folders: C:\F01,C:\F02,C:\F03 etc…
    Server version is 2.5.25.
    This is a bug or something else?

Updated:
With the updated versions: server 2.5.26, client 2.5.20 the same problem.
After the enable again of the right of changing directories to backup on the server, the list of directories to backup on the client is empty :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry, I tried to reproduce this, but wasn’t able to. I changed some things which might have caused the issue and fixed it, but apparently they didn’t.

Update:
Server version 2.5.27: “Non-default Urbackup Internet protocol TCP port” it is awesome!! Thank You @uroni.

Client version 2.5.21 the same problem:

• Installing the client and adding directories to backup paths, it’s ok.Backup is working.
  • Disabeling the right “Allow client-side changing of the directories to backup” on the server, it’s ok.
  • I want to add another directories to backup paths: I enable again this right on the server - it’s also ok.
    The backup paths window is empty on the client, but the “UrBackupClient_cmd.exe list-backupdirs” command showing the folder list.
  • BUT, when I add another folder to list, the list will be empty. “UrBackupClient_cmd.exe list-backupdirs” showing only the last folder, not all folders - and this is not ok, I must add all folders again.
    This is a bug, or can someone confirm it? Thank You
    adam

Update:
Server version 2.5.28, client version 2.5.21.
The same problem, as above.
adam