Linux client: No backup server found

Trying to configure a linux client.

Added Internet client/client behind NAT

Did (as the admin page suggested after adding the host):
#urbackupclientctl set-settings -k internet_mode_enabled -v true -k internet_server -v server.domain.com -k internet_server_port -v 55415 -k computername -v “client.domain.com” -k internet_authkey -v XXXXXXXXXXX

urbackupclientctl start -f

Error starting backup. No backup server found.

urbackupclientctl status

` {

"capability_bits": 12,

"finished_processes": [],

"internet_connected": true,

"internet_status": "connected",

"last_backup_time": 0,

"running_processes": [],

"servers": [],

"time_since_last_lan_connection": 10008738

}`

How is it connected (true), if no server found?
What should i do to get it working? How do i make it accept the internet server?

Also, turned on debug on client:
2018-10-29 19:10:49: FileSrv: Server started up successfully
2018-10-29 19:10:50: Looking for old Sessions... 0 sessions
2018-10-29 19:10:50: Final path: /
2018-10-29 19:10:51: Trying to connect to internet server "server.domain.com" at port 55415
2018-10-29 19:10:51: Successfully connected.

Also tried to /usr/local/sbin/uninstall_urbackupclient and reinstall the client from the client specific shell archive created on the server’s web, same.

Have a look at the server status web page. Make sure to enable the status column there.

If that doesn’t help, have a look at the server log file while trying to start a backup on the server (Logs -> Live log -> All clients).

Strangest thing. urbackup server restart seemed to do the trick.

I changed server LOGLEVEL to debug to see what it thinks, did systemctl restart to it and after that the client started backuping… Did not change any other parameter on the server or the client. Repeated client installs did nothing.

I’ll leave it out here in case someone else runs into this.

1 Like

I can confirm! while the manually installed client (Debian - 2.4.11) declared that it couldn’t find the server, a restart of the urbackupsrv service on the server (Debian - 2.5.31) solved the problem.

hoping it will help

Ernest.

Hi there,

Sorry for reviving this old topic, but this issue continues by this day. The client only connects after restarting the service at the server.

EDIT: tried restalling the client (fully purged) from website and from the server, same issue.

Best regards.