Is it possible to connect to specific server

Is it possible to connect to specific server by just typing server identity key in server_idents.txt file?

Should work like this.
https://www.urbackup.org/faq.html

Hello,

Thank you for your response.
The issue in solution you suggested is that “server_idents.txt” is a
combination of server identity key, public key and private key. Public and
private key is encoded at server side so it is difficult to generate a
correct server_ident.txt file at client side.
Can you please assist me how to generate correct server_idents.txt file in
below case:

1. Server and client are freshly installed.
  2. Client and server has not connected, not even one time.

Regards,
Herdesh

In the documentation it says:

To authenticate an additional backup server you have to ask the server administrator for the server key (It is shown on the status page)

I thought I have seen it before in the GUI of the server, but now I cannot find it.
Sorry, no idea.

Have you tried the second option?

Another option is to use the same key and private/public key pair for all backup servers (The private/public key pair is present starting from UrBackup Server 1.4 as urbackup/server_ident.priv and urbackup/server_ident.pub).

if you go on to add a new client, server identity is shown there

Found it. Thanks.
@uroni: Could this be clarified in the FAQ?

Actually knowing the server key alone is not sufficient for forcing client server connection.

Second option requires copying server_idents.txt file to be present at client side, which in turn requires client to be paired with server. In my case i want to force client to get paired to specific server in first go.
There are many crude and manual way of doing it which i do not prefer because i want to deploy it on hundreds of computer.

Do you have any idea how to achieve it?

Please tell us what you want to achieve and why more clearly.
I think i dont understand your problematic.

Usecase:
Suppose, I have 2 PC A and B, i have installed UrBackup client as well as UrBackup server on both PC. In normal case UrBackup client may connect to any UrBackup server in same network, but i want my UrBackup client of PC A to connect to UrBackup server of PC A only not to that of PC B.

I hope you understand my problem now :slight_smile:

Either

Dont install the key
Or
Disable backup for that client. For fist go, make default policy to not backup and use at least two client groups, server A backup, server B no backup.