Urbackup is client-server service only, + as I know yet.
Software set contains also boot cd image with client - for restore (only) from server, even over WAN,
but have no any posibilities to backup current state of failed system(etc offline) by agent from that boot cd
which is not installed into target system locally.
(I’m post “net-backup by boot cd” as feature request about month ago)
Your question is near my interests also -
"backup sytem by agent from boot cd to local hdd image, like CloneZilla /GHO/TIB/Veeam/etc tar/gzip"
and import/export such images to/from UrB
But, I’m can not post new feature requests - the limit is reached )
It’s still possible, only once, and very non-useful )
- Install urbackup server (main instance for backup over internet),
- install second instance to notebook or virtual appliance (on notebook or another box),
- next you can copy just installed empty main server instance - stop both and copy dirs,
from main to second - you’ll get copy of main instance with same ID’s etc identity (read FAQ)
on notebook or VM
- next, in LAN of source comp we have now temp urb-server for first backup
- install agent and backup target.
- stop both, and copy all dirs again from notebook to main server
- your main instance port 55414 must be published on your router
- start main instance only, and set remote client for backup over internet
As you see - not useful, but possible, as perversion )
Non - production variant
poor english, sorry )