Integrate to RMM via query

I want to query the urbackup database from my Atera platform. I have the computer name in my RMM platform, and can post the results from the UrBackup server to the platform (API calls).

UrBackup 2.1.20/ Linux 4.4.0-91-generic

Is there a good query interface to use?

Do you want to run this on the client or query the server?

My preferred method would be to initiate a script from my RMM server (daily script) that would query UrBackup. The RMM uses the machine name so the query could contain the machine name as a parameter.

Alternatively, I could initiate the query from the UrBackup server, determine which machines are not in compliance and submit a ticket against that machine.

Thx.

Best Regards,
Fred King | President & CEO
fred@CloudChoiceTech.commailto:fred@CloudChoiceTech.com
Cloud Choice Technologies Inc
O: 561.935.6300 | M: 917.957.3000

[cid:image001.png@01D19623.2A487B30]

Server 2.2.x (beta) has a scriptable alert system. It can do http downloads but other stuff is missing. If you tell me what you need I could add that.

Otherwise take a look at the example script here: https://github.com/uroni/urbackup-server-python-web-api-wrapper

Hi. We are using a product called Atera to run our MSP business. It has SNMP monitoring available, and it has a REST API (https://app.atera.com/apidocs). It can also open a ticket via email.

My goal with alerting is to have UrBackup post to the RMM platform when a backup has not occurred for xx days (in my case 2). This is either an incremental or full.

Since the backup is happening on the UrBackup server (mine is Ubuntu), an email to an alerting address would be sufficient. There could be a lot more “integration” but that would be RMM platform specific.

I know this might not be as detailed as you were looking for, but I was hoping to outline my platform and requirements so you understood better.

Thanks. (I did look at the link you sent and I believe this could be adapted to my needs. If it were expressed in the UI, it would be even better, but a script would suffice for now).

Best Regards,
Fred King | President & CEO
fred@CloudChoiceTech.commailto:fred@CloudChoiceTech.com
Cloud Choice Technologies Inc
O: 561.935.6300 | M: 917.957.3000

[/uploads/default/original/2X/b/bb9c8c2b690abb7d4171667ad05021d284ef7f66.png]

I’m also interested. We use Kaseya but can monitor event logs if this is an option. Does urbackup create events based on success / fail / warnings?

You can add an event log using the built-in batch files. search the forums for EVENT ID or postimagebackup.bat and you should find some information. This is what I’m using now, but will certainly be checking out the scriptable options as uroni has mentioned to see if i can gather more information.

if it need to run on each client, you could write a script to parse the output of urbackupclientctl status

if it need to run on the server and get every status you can use the python api.

If you need to not get a whole status , but only an alert, you can use the notification scripting that you get in beta

I think for us RMM guys, the script running on the client would be best. Could you help create a sample that would output the status? Right now I’m using this in a batch file: “EVENTCREATE /T INFORMATION /L APPLICATION /ID 101 /D “urbackup successfully completed an image backup””

Hi

Unfortunately, i mostly do linux stuff, not that i can’t, just that it would be too long for me to write it and i wouldn’t get it very right.

I understood, I didn’t mean to impose at all. Thanks for the input you’ve given already! I think this sets us on the right path.

I’ just reading your post again. What is this urbackupclientctl you speak of?

On the client there are 2 binaries , the urbackupclientbackend and the urbackupclientctl
Maybe there s a 3rd one for the gui , but i never paid attention to that.

Backend is the service , ctl allows you to start backup, restore , get the status.

orogor thank you so much! For you Windows guys, here’s just some basic information that may help in your travels.

CD to the urbackup install directory (c:\program files\urbackup) and run: urbackupclient_cmd.exe status

This will return something like:

{
“capability_bits”: 4109,
“finished_processes”: [{
“process_id”: 1,
“success”: true
}
,{
“process_id”: 2,
“success”: true
}
],