Installation problems *WORKING NOW*

I have attempted to install the server on both an existing ubuntu system and a fresh debian 6 system. After running the ‘dpkg -i urbackup-*.deb’ I get the following error

dpkg: error processing urbackup-server (–configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
configured to not write apport reports
Errors were encountered while processing:
urbackup-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I ended up building from source and the server runs, however I am having a problem now of the server fails whenever a client starts a backup. When this happens I have to stop the service on the client before I can get the server to restart. I have tested this from both a Vista 32 bit and a XP system.

Server is no longer crashing. Not exactly sure what the fix was.

Was it really crashing? Or did it just hang?

I could reproduce your problems with the debian package. I will fix it with the next version. I just have to test a little bit…

It was giving a failed when I would check ‘/etc/inid.d/urbackup_srv status’

It has been working great now for about 4 days. I am just testing right now, but am looking to implement as the backup solution at the company I work for.
Have been backing up 5 clients for a few days successfully, and just need to complete testing of restoring images then a rollout to backing up all ~25 stations and 2 servers in this location will begin.

Thank you very much for releasing this :D , I have been searching for a backup solution like this for a long time