Hi everyone, I’ve been using Urbackup for over 10 years and want to give something back to the community. I noticed the Urbackup Downloads page is missing instructions on how to install Urbackup server on a Truenas Scale server. Maybe we can add these instructions to the website?
I’m running TrueNas Scale Cobia 188.8.131.52
- In Truenas Scale, go to Datasets and add 2 Datasets for urbackup. I created URBACKUP_BACKUP and URBACKUP_DATABASE
- Go to Apps and click on Discover Apps
- Click Custom App
- Application Name = urbackup
- Under Container Images, Image repository = uroni/urbackup-server and Image Tag = latest
- Under Container Environment Variables, add a Container Environment Variable Name = TZ and Environment Variable Value = America/New_York to set your timezone to EST
- Under Networking, add an external interface, select your Host Interface, IPAM type = static, and add a static ip. In my example, i used 192.168.88.8/24 as my static ip. You can add multiple interfaces here if you need UrBackup server to access clients on multiple VLAN’s.
- Under Storage, add a Host Path Volume with a mount path of /backups. That will use the host path of the first dataset we created in step 1. In my case, that is URBACKUP_BACKUP
- Add a second Host Path Volume with a mount path of /var/backups. That will use the host path of the second dataset we create in step 1. In my case, that is URBACKUP_DATABASE
- Click Install and wait a few minutes for the installation to complete.
- Access the web interface at http://192.168.88.8:55414/ and configure Urbackup server as normal.