Incremental image backups not happening automatically over internet

Local clients are fine, they perform their incremental image backups fine. However the internet-based ones do not. I can perform the incremental backups manually from either the client or server and it works fine.

Interval is set to 1 day for incremental and 7 days for full. Max/Min of incremental backups set to 8 and 7 respectively. Max/min of full backups set to 2 and 1 respectively. Volume to backup is set to C.

On the internet tab doing full image backups over the internet is enabled. Clients have all the permissions enabled. However all client-side settings match that of the server.

The client tray icon is red indicating that something is wrong. Client log here:

Server log does not indicate its trying to backukp an image, but does complain there are no path’s to backup. Server logs here:

Last two lines in the server log came from restarting the client.

Hi…

One thing that stands out to me, and was something that I was confused about previously (before making a few tweaks) was about my backups that were gradually getting later and later, albeit only by a few minutes at a time…

Found that the “one day” increment was actually being taken from the time that the previous backup completed…but was sorted out for me, by simply modifying the interval time - have got it set to something like 12 hours, but it can only run (or, more accurately, start running) in a 03h00-05h00 time window…

This way, even if the backup takes 6 hours, the 12-hour minimum delay interval has expired with time for it to run at 03h00 again the next day…

With regards to images, my incrementals are set to 1 day and limited to Monday to Saturday, and the weekly Full can only run on Sundays but with a 3-day increment…

Hope this makes sense, can look at grabbing some screenshots if you want…

Thanks I’m trying this now.

I think part of my problem is that UrBackup doesnt think its supposed to do the backup. I have a minimum amount of incremental backups set to 7. There does not exist 7 yet for these machines there is only two at this current moment. Yet the “Image backup status” is green/OK while the last image backup was 7/12. Today being 7/14. It should at least know its missing backups?

Think that you are mixing bits up, the “Backup status” is based on the details of the machine/group settings, so if the last backup of a particular type is within the alert period, then that column will show as being okay…

Am at work at the moment, so will come back to check the other bits you mentioned…