Image restore - new Surface pro 9

Hi
Got a surface pro 9 - and bought a (larger) new replacement hard drive (it uses the tiny m2 nvme drive) - disk is brand new out of the box, and unformatted.

I’m able to do the initial boot into the restore image, however, it doesn’t fully boot - in the messages that scroll up the screen while booting, it gets to sda (I recall it said removable scsi?) and it stopped there and didn’t proceed. I tried the other boot mode (after the initial grub boot screen), and that didn’t come up with any boot messages at all…

For info, I was able to boot into a ubuntu based live iso image and was able to boot my surface pro 9 without issue, I could see the new disk using gparted without any issue.

Just wondering if there’s an issue with this type of drive on the recovery image… ? I’m guessing somewhere along the line, I’ve missed some option?

Thanks
Carl.

Hi

Checking to see if anyone has any thoughts…? - I’ve been able to boot my surface pro 9 from other linux ‘live’ ISOs… just curious why there was an issue when I used the URBACKUP restore ISO…

Thanks
Carl.