Image Restore completed Successfully but its Won't came Up

I am using urbackup server version 2.0.38 .I done my image backup of windows 7 pro client , in that i am using 2.0.36 client version .

I restored the image backup to some other system using urbackup restore cd 2.0.2 version , its completed successfully.

after completion of restoration i boot the system its won’t came up , during the starting windows its restarted automatically.

Then I tried to repair its not fix anything.

Windows is notorious for not being able to move to new hardware unless the new computer is very similar to the old computer. I would try booting to a windows 7 rescue environment and try doing startup repair. Also, unless this is a retail copy of windows, it’s probably against the licensing terms i.e. OEM versions can only be run on the hardware they are bought with. If the hardware dies, Microsoft will not allow you to move the windows copy. (This is why I only run Linux and Chromebooks at home… no evil Microsoft allowed here :slight_smile:

@AETCO So, we can restore image in the same system with different hard drive …?

Yes, that should work without any issues. I do not use Urbackup with image backups, I just reinstall the OS and copy my relevant files back. So, I haven’t used the restore procedure from Urbackup.

Replacing a hard drive is perfectly acceptable from a Windows licensing point of view (we do it all the time). However, I prefer acronis or clonezilla for cloning hard drives…

1 Like

@AETCO i tried same system with different hard disk but it also not working …
however thanks for replying me , i was already moved to cronezilla to clone my hard drives.

i think the problem was in restoring media , because while restore the image up to 50% its work fine after this its suddenly reached 100% . I don’t know what is the problem of that .

For information, if you are on the point to try the same :

On a PC, after image backup, I re-partitionned the hard drive :

• kill D partition
  • expand C partition from 100Go to 250Go
    All fine until this step : computer rebooted normaly.
  • recreate D partition : 100 Go (same as before)
  • starting computer from USB with the urbackup restore ISO
    All ok.
  • connected to the restore session, find server, lauch restore for D partition.

And the computer refused then to start, it crashes.

It should mean that UrBackup is unable to restore a partition at a different place from the initial backup.

So, I would like to restore the whole computer.
Reboot with restore ISO.
Restored C partition.
Computer still refuse to start.