I'm new -- how do I tell the client on Ubuntu which drives / folders to backup

Hi – I apologise in advance, because I’m pretty sure I’m asking a dumb question, but I’ve done a lot of research and for the life of me I can’t find the answer. I hope someone will take pity on me.

I’m using v2.5.24.0 of the client software. I have a Ubuntu 22.04 machine with urbackup server installed and a client with same operating system, but I’ve installed btrfs on the nvme drive that houses it (boot root etc). There is also a 5Tb hard drive on the client machine.

What I’d like to do is an image backup of the nvme drive, which I assume should be possible as I have btrfs installed.

I can’t find how to tell the client software that I want to backup the nvme drive. I can see that you can do this with a gui on a Windows client but I can’t find anything to tell me how to do this on a Ubuntu client.

I’ve tried urbackupclientctl --help but it doesn’t. If anyone can either give me a clear explanation of how to implement the above or point me to the relevant documentation it would be deeply appreciated.

I’ve put a lot of work into getting everything set up so far. I seems to me I’m on the verge of being able to start backing up using what looks to me like a really great program. It appears uniquely to be able to do backups up exactly as I would like, so it would be great if someone could help.

I await with bated breath.

Documentation?

Here ya go:
https://www.urbackup.org/administration_manual.html

If you still have questions after reading that, and they are not answered there or by searching the forum, please come back and we’ll se if someone can help you out. :slight_smile:

My expertise when it comes to image backups with urbackup is very limited, but I’m sure someone else will be able to help.
But most are in the manual.

I had of course read the Admin manual. In the case of the relevant bits, several times. I found the answer in a forum. I somehow missed that urbackupclientctl has commands to add, remove and list backup paths. Anyway for reference that’s the way to do it.