Hyper-V backup and restore

I have few questions which I didn’t find answer in documentation or forum here.

1. When I backup Hyper-V client with installed UrBackup client in it, does it also backup configuration for Hyper-V? (I mean configration how many threads has VM or how much RAM you assigned etc.)

2. When I want to try backup method by selecting components to backup I don’t see any backup anywhere and also missing the option for restore in tray icon. Is there some guide how to set it up and restore? Also the question 1) is same for this method.

3. If I want to restore Virtual where I had installed client in it. How I suppose to do it. Via restore CD or there is some other way how I can do it?

Thanks in advance for help.

Can someone help me out please? Any help is welcome :slight_smile:

What version of UrBackup on what version of Windows are you running?

The configuration info for a VM guest is maintained on the VM host, so it won’t be included on the VM guest backup by default.

Okay my points to this thread:

Firstly I run the newest beta urbackup, because I need support for vhdx

• server 2.5.22
  • client 2.5.16

I wasn’t able to restore my backup of VM in Hyper-V. It crashed during the restoration with error: Image data could not be found

After all i get back to official release versions if there is some problem with my setup or it’s problem of urbackup

• server 2.4.13
  • client 2.4.11

with these versions I was able to restore my VM, but you need to remember or write somewhere the settings of the virtual machines in Hyper-V. That’s what you mentioned in your post. Do you have some good way how to do it?

Okay let’s say I’m able to backup the VM and I will save my settings somehow, but now I need to restore the physical machine where is running urbackup server with client so it’s backed by itself. But if I boot to the UrBackup Restore CD via flash disk, I can’t find the backup at my HardDrives. The UrBackup still keep searching for running urbackup server. Is there some way how to do it or some workaround?

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, the VM config is stored separately from the VM storage in HyperV