How to exclude folders from partition backup

Hi there.

First I want to thank you for this amazing piece of software. I am new to UrBackup and I am just starting to find out all the benefits it has to offer. Also thanks to everybody here on forum for cooperation and advices on how to work with UrBackup.
I came across something that i am not able to do. Here is the thing: I have multiple users on Windows 10 PC. So i want to backup C:\Users, for all users, but only to backup Documents, Pictures and Desktop folders. Also, I want to be able to exclude Program Files, Windows and other system folders from backup as I need only files. And finally, I want to be able for UrBackup to pick up any new folder created by any user, on C: partition and to add it to backup.
What is the correct input of wildcards so that i can backup and exclude as mentioned? VCan somebody write it for me, thanks! :grinning:

It is the default? Maybe remove other volumes afterwards…

grafik

Thank you very much, I will try it and get back to you. Thanks!!!

Oh just forgot one thing, can I select this on server also (your screenshot is from client, right?). If so, can you point me in the right direction where to select this default option on server? Thanks!

Do you mean Settings -> General -> File back-ups -> Exclusions?

Ok, that is it, but how to use wildcards so I can backup C:\Users, for all users, but only to backup Documents, Pictures and Desktop folders. Also, I want to be able to exclude Program Files, Windows and other system folders from backup as I need only files. And finally, I want to be able for UrBackup to pick up any new folder created by any user, on C: partition and to add it to backup. I need to input it in Settings -> General -> File back-ups -> Exclusions, but not sure how to write it with wildcards.

See https://www.urbackup.org/faq.html#include_files

Also add C: as path to backup and add C\* to includes (without colon).

Thanks for help, I managed to configure my backup. I created default backup location, C:, andd added system folder exclusions */Program Files/*; */Program Files (x86)/*; */Windows/*;*/Temp/*…It now backs up all other folders, included newly created ones (incremental). Thank you very much for your help!