How to change Backup Storage Path

Hello,

i have setup Urbackup server on Ubuntu and when i try to change the “Backup Storage Path” to different internal hard drive (ex: /media/disk1) i got error message “The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in ‘Settings’ or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory.(err_folder_not_found)”

Can any body help, please!

The UrBackup service does not have permission to write to that directory. You will need to give UrBackup permissions on that drive.

The error you reported could also appear if the destination directory doesn’t exist.
Have you created the new directory before changing the settings in Urbackup?

Sure, but exactly how do you do that??

You will have to check what user/group urbackup runs as. The you will have to give a read write permission to that user on the folder. Actually it might not be wise to use the path you wrote, most probably that is a location you see the raw device, you should mount the drive to a folder in your file structure, like /backupmedia

you can google how to check the user a service runs under in linux, and how to mount the disk to a folder. ALso check how to change rights and ownership if you must.

Tam