How much time takes the upgrade from 1.4.x to 2.0?

Hi,
today I updated my ubuntu distro and is updated also urbackup. I switched from last 1.4 stable to the stable 2.0.
Opening the web interface I see a advise that tell that the db is upgrading.

Taking a look at logs I see:
2016-07-20 15:31:47: WARNING: Upgrading... 2016-07-20 15:31:47: WARNING: Converting database to delete journal mode... 2016-07-20 15:31:47: WARNING: Upgrading database to version 36
10 minutes have passed and I don’t see anything else. It’s normal that this upgrade require much time?

Thanks

It takes quite a while. The larger your backup database, the longer it’ll probably take. Mine took several hours.

Thanks for your reply. Where I can see the old size of the db just to compare with your? Thanks

I’m not in front of a system where I can look, but I believe the DB is stored in /var/urbackup (file ends with a .db extension) If I recall, mine was almost 1.5 gigs. I don’t know exactly how many hours it took off hand, I know it was an hour between when I started it and when I left work - at that point it had gotten through an initial phase that didn’t show any progress information and onto the actual changes at which time when I left it claimed ~4% complete

Obviously, your HDD speed and system capabilities will impact this time.

Thanks again. I’ll try to wait at least 2 hours

if you go to the http port (55414) for the server, at some point it’ll start giving a % complete, once it’s at that point if you watch it a few times eventually you should have an idea of how long it’ll take to complete the rest of the process.

Hi,
after the upgrade I’ve a bit of problems. I read that I have to make full backup as first thing.

I’ve a client updated (2.0.29) that is not able to make the backup. Errors are:

nfo21/07/16 08:33Starting full file backup...Errori21/07/16 08:33Constructing of filelist of "server_paghe" failed: ERRErrori21/07/16 08:33Backup had an early error. Deleting partial backup.

I tried also to remove and reinstall the client but nothing. The strange thing is that in the web ui I see as version number 1.4.11 also if this client is updated.

Some ideas?

Thanks

I’m not sure, I’m running into some oddities as well and am having to square some backup issues I’m running into regardless of full or incremental.