How custom can the backup schedule be? and Need some help setting it up [Home User]

So after looking at the ServerAdminGuide from looking on the internet, and section 8.3.2 I’m thinking it can be very custom, but it’s blowing my mind as to how to set it up, so I figure I’d turned you helpful lot for guidance.

I would like the backup, image and/or incremental and files, to only happen at night (once I’m in bed) and also on a Fri and Sat, my late night staying up, defer it even later. So lets say I have

Sun Night Anytime from 11pm till 7am [the following morning]
Mon Night Anytime from 11pm till 7am [the following morning]
Tue Night Anytime from 11pm till 7am [the following morning]
Wed Night Anytime from 11pm till 7am [the following morning]
Thu Night Anytime from 11pm till 7am [the following morning]
Fri Night Anytime from 4am and 10am [the following morning]
Sat Night Anytime from 4am and 10am [the following morning]

I don’t mind what the client wants to do, as long as it’s around those hours, so it doesn’t interfere with what myself and the wifey maybe up to.

Can anybody help me please.
Regards
PJ

Would it be like this?

Sun-Thu/23:00-07:00;Fri-Sat/04:00-10:00

and I put it in the client settings, right? or would I need to put it on the server side?

Nope, I thought that would work, I tried it in the client on the machine, didn’t seem to work, I tried putting it in the client settings on the server and it turned the icon red (when I removed it from the server, it went white and them immediately yellow and started the backup)

So, were do I put, and what do I put in the settings, to make it back up only when I choose from the original post, can anybody help me please?

I don’t have experiance with backup time windows. I use 1-7/0-24 and the backups are not noticed by anyone here, unlike my previous backup software that put a heavy load on machines.

I looked at the documentation and wondered if it is really true that the day names are (Mon, Thues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun). I find Thues particularly odd for Tuesday but maybe it is not a documentation mistake.

I would give day names a miss and go with numbers. I would also start the week on Monday and the day at 00:00. So my try would be:
1-4/0-7,23-24;5/0-7;6/4-10;7/4-10,23-24

Thanks for the direction, it’s helped me a lot, I set up a excel spreadsheet, using days across the top, and hours on the left, filled some boxes, and then attempted to get the same answer as you did, which I did, so I now know I’m doing it right. The next question, you think I should but the times/text into each client or on the server software?

I like central control so I set things on the server and disable client modification on the Permissions tab. Either way would work.

Thanks, I’ll try it both ways and see the times/logs to make sure I’ve set it up right. I appreciate you helping me with this.