Following features are being developed and ready for testing. Please indicate if you want to help by testing them:
- Client quotas - Individual quotas for users (i.e., user X may only
use 100G of storage. If is uses more backups will be deleted).
Configure them in the “Client” tab.
- File entry cache - Two methods to
speed up file entry lookups, if you have a lot of clients with a lot
of files. Enable it in the “Advanced” tab.
- Client-side hash
calculation for internet clients - The clients calculate the hashes
of all files. The server then does not have to download them, if they
already exist on the server side. Enable it in the “Internet” tab.
It’s available here now: https://sourceforge.net/projects/urbackup/files/WorkInProgress/
I would like to help you with the last one, file entry cache. I have 32 clients (including the ones to be removed ) on one backup server with 3TB and I notice performance issues, especially on disk IO.
Okay. Having issues on one test server. Will fix those first, before uploading.
I can help with first and last. I have a server running 1.2.2 with 10 internet clients, some of them with >50000 files so the hash calculation in the client side would be a great performance improvement.
I can help with the First and last one Just let me know what you need from me.
For the packages see the first post.
It should be relatively easy to setup a build server now. So if somebody wants to do that, they’re welcome.
I guess automatic client update does not automatically upgrade to WorkInProgress version?
Hi. I’m testing 1.3 version now. Especially “File entry cache”.
With LMDB i had errors. Log:
ERROR: LMDB: Failed to open LMDB database file (Unknown error)
2013-06-28 11:47:35: ERROR: Error creating file cache
2013-06-28 11:47:35: ERROR: Setting up files cache failed
SQLite is working correctly i think. Is it faster? I don’t know yet, need more testing.
Another thing is that from what i see the auto update clients does not work correctly. I’ve copied files to the server folder long time ago, but till today a lot of clients is not updated (if not everyone). It’s also hard to verify (over 100 clients). It would be great to have info from the server side about client versions.
Updated the server and clients in the folder mentioned above.
The server does show client versions and operating systems now. This only works for the current 1.3 client. For other clients it will show nothing.
What operating system are you using? 32/64bit ?
The server 1.3 is installed on Windows server 2012 64Bit.
P.S. Where this info is placed? What tab?
Ok, never-mind. I had older 1.3-1 version now i see everything.
I don’t think that clients are updating at all. I’ve put update files to UrBackupServer\urbackup folder and i can only see 1 client with 1.3 version (installed manually on client PC). Maybe i should change smth with my firewall settings?
Grate thing that you added “bottom menu” above the table, but where’s “Show details” button (is this a bug or a feature)?
[quote=“bondzo”]I don’t think that clients are updating at all. I’ve put update files to UrBackupServer\urbackup folder and i can only see 1 client with 1.3 version (installed manually on client PC). Maybe i should change smth with my firewall settings?
Grate thing that you added “bottom menu” above the table, but where’s “Show details” button (is this a bug or a feature)?[/quote]
Will look into the “show details” thing. It’s probably not a firewall issue. Updates are done after a server restart or client restart (client offline for more than 5min). Maybe I’m doing something wrong with the signature (Client debug log should tell more). Will test myself.
Just updated the server. Please update, because it may hang during quota enforcement (even if you don’t use quotas).
2 newly added clients to 1.3 server and after backup i see this:
Info 16.07.13 11:35 Stoping shadowcopy “Documents”.
Errors 16.07.13 11:35 Connecting to ClientService of “pietroczukkomp” failed: Removing shadow copy on “pietroczukkomp” for path “Documents” failed
Errors 16.07.13 11:35 Connecting to ClientService of “pietroczukkomp” failed: Sending status (DID BACKUP) to client failed
Warnings 16.07.13 11:37 HT: More hardlink errors. Skipping…
Info 16.07.13 11:50 Transferred 42.7673 GB - Average speed: 60.279 MBit/s
Info 16.07.13 11:50 Time taken for backing up client pietroczukkomp: 1h 42m 58s
Why do i have those errors? Is it because client’s versions installed on this PC’s are older than 1.3-1?
The two errors can occur by the client going offline (losing connecting during backup). The hard link errors can be caused by NTFS.
Are those errors occurring regularily?
Hi I am getting errors on my clients the error states “Error creating clientlist for client (clients name)”
any idea what may cause this?
That error occurs if it cannot create a file in /var/urbackup . Please make sure the permissions are correct etc.
Updated the 1.3 client. Please update and perform a full backup, there was a rather big issue in the last one.
So i finally got it to back up now the issue is its not showing in the web interface I have a windows 2012 Urbackup server and a Windows 8 client I am testing this with. I put hash verification on and I get a list of logs saying alot of items faild the hash verification process.
Did you update the client. Could be the “rather big issue”.
WIll do some testing for Client-side hash calculation for internet clients
Yes the client is 1.3 and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling also.