Help for download a very big file

I need your help.
I have a server running UrBackup on a mini PC with Ubuntu Minimal, and the client running on a Windows PC where Hyper-V is installed. I regularly back up image for Windows PC. Today, I need to retrieve a file that was inside the Hyper-V VM. To do this, I need to download the 250GB hd.vhdx file without overwriting it. I tried mounting the image in the browser and downloading it as a zip file, but it fails after a few hours. I’m out of ideas on how to obtain that VHDX file. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also thought about sharing the file and then accessing it directly from Windows over the network, but I don’t know where it is located.

If you mount the image from the web interface it is mounted locally. So mount it from there, then
look at the output of mount to figure out where it is locally.
You might have to give the urbackup user a shell and browse as that user to be able to go there.
Then you could use regular Linux tools to copy the file.

this is the output of mount.

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=1867472k,nr_inodes=466868,mo                                                                                                                                                             de=755,inode64)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmod                                                                                                                                                             e=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=385104k,mode=755,                                                                                                                                                             inode64)
/dev/sda2 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat                                                                                                                                                             ime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,inode64)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k,inode6                                                                                                                                                             4)
cgroup2 on /sys/fs/cgroup type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,nsdelega                                                                                                                                                             te,memory_recursiveprot)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
efivarfs on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela                                                                                                                                                             time)
bpf on /sys/fs/bpf type bpf (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=29,pgrp=1,time                                                                                                                                                             out=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=440)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tracefs on /sys/kernel/tracing type tracefs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime,pagesize=2M)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatim                                                                                                                                                             e)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /run/credentials/systemd-sysusers.service type ramfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,no                                                                                                                                                             exec,relatime,mode=700)
tmpfs on /run/qemu type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755,inode64)
/dev/sda1 on /boot/efi type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0077,dmask=0077,codepage=437                                                                                                                                                             ,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec                                                                                                                                                             ,relatime)
/dev/fuse on /media/BACKUP/urbackup/server hyperV/231031-2202_Image_C/device0 ty                                                                                                                                                             pe fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=112,group_id=120)
/dev/fuse on /media/BACKUP/urbackup/server hyperV/231031-2202_Image_C/contents0                                                                                                                                                              type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=112,group_id=120)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=385100k,nr_ino                                                                                                                                                             des=96275,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000,inode64)

If I try to do this, I have this. Where am I doing wrong?
I can’t access /contents0 and /device0 even if I give permissions with chmod 777 -R

root@box-backup:/tmp# mount /dev/fuse /tmp/1/
mount: /tmp/1: /dev/fuse is not a block device.

thx

Try this to open a shell with the urbackup user, which should have permissions to access this mount:

sudo su - urbackup -s /bin/bash

Or remount with allow_other (not sure if this would work in urbackup’s context though).