Filtering Special Characters in the WebGUI

We all understand how important the filtering if input is from a security standpoint. One issue I have run across recently is the use of the “&” symbol. I have a company that uses this symbol in its name. When the client or group is displayed, it shows up as “&” I know this is the HTML translation of the symbol. I did a workaround for this and just replaced the “&” with “and” and called it a day. But, just an FYI, if you do end up using a & in a client name, I want to let you know this did not work for me and my clients failed to connect and backup or maybe I just didn’t like the “&” in the WebGUI, it looked messy. This is somewhat informational, not really a bug report, even though it might be categorized as such.

Thank you for your kind attention :slight_smile: