File restore hangs on 0% when there is no folder

Hi
When I try to restore single deleted file via web interface from deleted folder, backup client ask me for confirmation (ok) and hangs on 0% till timeout. Operation is only possible when I first create folder path on client machine. When I try to restore full folder operation is successful.
Client 2.5.24 Windows 11
Server 2.5.31 debian 11/bullseye in proxmox container

Pretty sure that is a feature and not a bug.
If you restored ONE file in lets say c:/temp/1/2/3/4/5/tempfile.txt and NONE of the directories existed, you belive Urbackup should create 6 directories?

yes, also it works that way when I restore directories.
if not there should be information that you need to create path or (better) question where you want to restore the file

Let me understand you correctly:
You want that urbackup, when I restore ONE FILE, to create directories I did NOT restore (I restored a FILE)? NO THANK YOU!
If I restore THE DIRECTORY, yes please, but NOT IF i RESTORE A FILE!

Might I suggest you use the feature that DOWNLOADS the single file into a zip file?

So maybe it at least should i form instead of generating error? There is also no easy/visible option to download file instead of restore on disk

Have you checked your logs if there are errors?

Urbackup is run by one dude (I think), you can’t expect it to function like an adobe product on windows with popups and automation on everything.

Are there really no errors in your logs if you try to restore something to a non existing folder?

Please make tests and provide logs in that case so I can see what is being logged.

For the beginning there was no log, just 0% and zombie process, now I have:

|Errors|30.09.23 00:02|Cannot open "C:\(..cut..)" for writing. System nie może odnaleźć określonej ścieżki. (code: 3)| 
/ "The system cannot find the specified path. (code: 3)" 
| --- | --- | --- |
|Errors|30.09.23 00:02|Error while downloading files during restore|
|Errors|30.09.23 00:30|Restore was inactive for 5min. Timeout. Stopping restore...|

But I thought I’ve made enough analyse when error occurs - when there is no folder above. I don’t know how many people work on it, maybe they/he needs help, but I expect from backup software to be rock-solid, more than system is being backup - and my first attempt to restore test file was failed, not pleasant situation. Also I don’t attack anyone, just report a bug to be addressed somehow (at the beginning, it is enough an information message to be displayed that it may happen or something or better folder check and information why error occur, not hanged process)

I found now, that I can click little left and download file whenever I want, but it is not obvious, especially when you learn/test new software and you want it to be safeguard for all computers in your home network.

It is not a bug.
I would be REALLY MAD if ANY software started to create directories when I try to create a FILE!

If you are that new to the software that you did not realize there is a download button I would point to first read the manual for the server software, you are after all a sysadmin of this pretty complicated software now.

Good luck with your backup sollution!

https://www.urbackup.org/administration_manual.html

There is a restore button and I expect it to ask what should be done or whatever but there is a bug - process hangs on 0% instead of information why it won’t be recovered (it should in my opinion, I’ve request recovery so it should create 10K directories if needed and make recovery or ask me to to it manually at least)

Why do you go into defence mode instead of analyse the problem?

Tell me again how it did not report it.

Please just stop.