File backups happen with 5 hour intervals, but setting is 24 hours - why?

I’m not entirely sure where to look here, but I’m got around 10 clients setup, and my main file backup interval is set to 24 hours. For clients not in any group they file backup once a day. Everything okay.

But for some computers (in the same group) they back up four times a day (with an interval of approx 5h10m), even though the file backup interval on the group (and on their individual client settings in the UI) says 24 hour intervals. I’ve even checked the settings on the client, and it also says 24 hours.

I don’t know what information you need to debug this, but I’m quite puzzled here. Can anyone help out? Is this a known bug?

I can tell you this much.

Lately I have seen a lot of comments/posts involving clients not following schedule, and a common thread seems to be GROUPS.

Hoping the devs are looking into this.

3 Likes

I was stuck on this too. Had clients set to a different incremental backup interval but was getting email warnings that said they were not current. Double checked my math for interval time and number of times that the file backup status is set to not ok and found that it doesn’t respect my changes. It alerts off of the default time of 5h. I changed the alerts to 34 (5h*34/24=7.08) so it would be just over a week.

@anon16079863 mentioned that it might be because of groups which I do have set.