Excluding onedrive folder

I keep getting errors when doing a file backup: Error getting complete file "XMQju1Va2DizSFZEvSW7|Users … (i removed the rest of the path). This is inside a OneDrive folder and I’d like to exclude all of the one drive folders or at least the ones that have the “XMQju1Va2DizSFZEvSW7” in their path.

I tried adding XMQju1Va2DizSFZEvSW7* and XMQju1Va2DizSFZEvSW7|Users to the excluded files and it doesn’t seem work. Am I writing this exclusion wrong or is there something else I’m missing? I’ve got this issue on 3x computers that have one drive and the files aren’t stored locally.

i think you should exclude : C:\Users*\OneDrive

I’m wondering if this issue was ever resolved. I’m trying out UrBackup and having the same issue as OP related to OneDrive. I’m perfectly content to just exclude OneDrive folders from the backup since they’re already backed up to the cloud. I’ve tried a few different wildcard options including the suggestion from hgdar, “/OneDrive/”, and a few others, but I’m still getting the same errors at every backup. Did you ever figure out how to resolve this error?

I ended up using the line below which i think is working. Where it says , I have the name of the onedrive showing in File explorer which in our case is our company name.

*/OneDrive/*;Users/:/<one drive name>*;

I try to exclude it but it dont work for me, any ideas why ?

/OneDrive/;Users/:/OneDrive - Omar Techy*;Users/:/OneDrive - Omar Techy, LLC*;/AppData/;*?\GLOBALROOT*

I used ‘[asterisk]/OneDrive/[asterisk];[asterisk]/windowsapps/[asterisk]’ which stopped errors on a Win10 machine that was linked to a M$ account.

Seems that that the forum doesn’t allow * so replace [asterisk] with *

Press the little ? in the web gui next to the field you define exclude, include etc in.
There are examples.

The above comment by @Ryan_G is almost the correct way BUT you use \ on windows, / on linux.
*\OneDrive\*;*\windowsapps\* (or does it work with both now?)

A : can be used instead of * if there are directories IN BETWEEN, example:
c:\Users\:\some_drectory_you_want_to_include_or_exclude
if you want to include the directory but not the files add a * at the end.