Error to restore Winxp driver D:

Hey Guys.
I’m testing my own urbackup server and client.
Urbackup server version 1.4.14 /2.0.3 in Centos 7
client version 1.4/1.4.8/1.4.14 OS: winxp sp3
restore CD version Version 1.2 and 2.03
when I backup the client everything runs well,
but when I try to restore it, to restore partition 1 in disk will running well , but I try to restore Partition 2 D: , it shows error : there only 1kb …

You are set to image both (C:) and (D:), right?

Also, I am a little confused on what you meant here:

#1. I could see why you need an older 1.X server, but you should leave your older clients on the older server; preferably, you want your 1.X clients and servers to communicate, and 2.X clients and servers to communicate. You can mix them, but it’s better not to.

#2. If your clients are only 1.X, then a 2.X CD will not help you – I believe that you need a 1.X restore CD for 1.X clients, and I am not sure how that reacts if you have a 2.X server.

#3. I would have suggested making debug logs and sending them to UrBackup’s bug report email, but I believe those are only good for backups and not restores.

Do you have this problem with other machines, or is it only this one?

Alternatively, since (D:) is not a boot drive, and just a drive that holds files (hopefully) you can just re-partition (D:) and restore the files to it.

Thank you very much for your reply,

1. because i want to backup and restore winxp, so I use 1.4x client in win xp, and 2.x client for win 7, that’s the reason why I use 2 different client version.
  2. to compatible 2 clients I tried 2.x server and 2.x restore CD.
  3. I found the reason why I cannot restore D: and E: extend partition cannot restore.use restore CD. I think this is bug.