Error on full image backup of VM with HypverV Client

Hello purchased the hyperv client, getting error:

01.04.21 11:14 ERROR Error loading ZIP file MBR (1): Error parsing json output: Copy-Item : Cannot find path ‘G:\VMData\SRV-DC-01\Snapshots\770d5418-260d-4a3e-b1d6-139419ce510e.vmcx’ because it does not exist. At C:\Program Files\UrBackup\hyperv_export.ps1:21 char:1 + Copy-Item -Path “$config_loc\Snapshots$snapid.vmcx” -Destination "$t … + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (G:\VMData\SRV-D…9419ce510e.vm cx:String) [Copy-Item], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.CopyI temCommand Move-Item : Cannot move item because the item at ‘urbackup\data\mbr_data_SRV-DC-01–IDE_0_0.zip.tmp.zip’ does not exist. At C:\Program Files\UrBackup\hyperv_export.ps1:27 char:1 + Move-Item -LiteralPath “$Dest.tmp.zip” -Destination $Dest + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: [Move-Item], PSInvalidOper ationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperation,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.M oveItemCommand { “ok”: true }

on the hyperv Server:

Urbackup has created a lingering snapshot now on my hyperv host, how to get rid of that without data loss? Restart the hyperV Host?

This helped getting rid of the lingering/pending checkpoint WITHOUT ANY DATALOSS:

Remove Lingering Backup Checkpoints from a Hyper-V Virtual Machine - Working Hard In ITWorking Hard In IT

Sorry for the issues!

What Hyper-V version do you use. Is there a folder like G:\VMData\SRV-DC-01\Snapshots\ ? Do other VM backups work? When another snapshot is created can you find the VM configuration file (770d5418-260d-4a3e-b1d6-139419ce510e.vmcx in the now deleted snapshto)?

I always click on it, then press the “del” key. Idk why it is only deletable via “del” key and not via e.g. context menu…

Thank you for your answer!

Windows Server 2016 Version 1607
Hyper-V Manager
Microsoft Corporation
Version: 10.0.14393.0

Is there a folder like G:\VMData\SRV-DC-01\Snapshots\ ?

Yes there is but emtpy:

When i try another machine via URABCKUP (SRV-TERM-01 (VM Microsoft Server 2016) it is the same error.
In the Snapshot folder files are created: (the file folder is empty)

when i create a checkpoint with hypervManager it works: (also .xml file is created in the folder before)

URBACKUP works with my VM Linux machine, also CBT:

Also when i make a checkpoint for the SRV-DC-01 VM it works via the hypervmanager: (also .xml file is created in the folder before):

I always click on it, then press the “del” key. Idk why it is only deletable via “del” key and not via e.g. context menu…

Thank you good trick!

When another snapshot is created can you find the VM configuration file (770d5418-260d-4a3e-b1d6-139419ce510e.vmcx in the now deleted snapshto)?

No i dont see a file like this anywhere.

Looks like it still uses the old configuration format (xml). Perhaps choosing “Upgrade Configuration Version” in Hyper-V manager upgrades it/changes it to vmcx?

1 Like

Sorry for wasting your time, it is well documentated in your documentation, the 5.0 configs just wont work.

…funny i don´t have this option when i right click on the vm.

EDIT: I think NOOB HAS TO SHUTDOWN VM first to see the option.
Enough for today

Thank you for your help!

Try powershell, I guess?

1 Like