Error creating clientlist for client

Hi,

I encountered the error message "Error creating clientlist for client " for one of my client computer while attempting to run a full backup for the first time. There is no such problem for the full image backup though.

The below is the extract of the debug log. Any help in troubleshooting this will be much appreciated.
2015-02-06 13:25:57: WARNING: Upgrading…
2015-02-06 13:25:57: ERROR: Error preparing Query [SELECT tvalue FROM misc WHERE tkey=‘db_version’]: no such table: misc
2015-02-06 13:26:02: ERROR: Error preparing Query [DROP INDEX filehashes_idx]: no such index: filehashes_idx
2015-02-06 16:05:05: WARNING: Info not found at ‘c:’ - reindexing
2015-02-06 16:05:35: WARNING: Info not found at ‘d:’ - reindexing
2015-02-06 17:00:55: WARNING: Restarting shadow copy of C:\ because it was started by this server
2015-02-06 17:10:10: WARNING: Restarting shadow copy of D:\ because it was started by this server

1 Like

In this case it could not create the urbackup/clientlist_CLIENTID.ub file on the server. Did it work the next time?

Hi Martin,

Nope. It keeps failing with the same error. Any fix for this?

Can you check, if you can manually create a file there. For example there could already be a file with the wrong permissions.

Also: We don’t know which environment you are using. Not even if you are using a Windows, Linux or FreeBSD server.

Hi
Did you find any solution to this issue?
I am having the same issue.
FULL IMAGE backup works fine.
I have never had a success on file backup on this machine.

Info about the log:
Warning: Restaring shadow copy of C:\ because it was started by the server
Errors: Error creating clientlist for Client HOSTNAME
Errors: Backup had errors, Deleting partial backup
Warnings: Exponential backoff, Waiting at least 7 days 4h 17 m 12s before NeXT backup

My Server is a Windows Server 2008 R2.
3 Clients running Windows 7

Hi Martin,

I am using a windows server and the backup location is actually a TerraStation. The matter is resolved now by itself somehow when we had a scheduled reboot of the TerraStation.

Hi I7support,

You may try restarting your server where the backups are stored. That did the trick for me somehow.

Hi
Thanks for answering so fast.
I have now initiated a reboot of my urbackup server.
I wil update as soon as i know more

The server is rebooted and the File backup started to indexing on that perticular machine.
It takes some minutes then it should start

It is working now:)
Thank you so much.
I never tought that a reboot could fix this issue. Cause I thought it was something on the Client.

But, then again:
Never underestimate the Power of a reboot:)