- what should I do if I need to completely wipe out my backupfolder completely? (ie do I need to delete my urbackup db completely? run the cleanup script? reinstall from scratch and add the ident keys back…)
- what’s the concrete impact to have dedup=off on zfs?
- what would be better?
3.1) ZFS with raidz, ssd_cache, WITHOUT dedup, controller_setup_as_JBOD
3.2) BRTFS single drive, with dedup, on top of hardware controller RAID5
- is there a way to leverage a small SSD with BRTFS similar to the zfs-ARC2 cache mode?
- I have been struggling to setup urbackup storage on zfs as dedup requires so much RAM/CPU that the server ends frozen and performance is too abysmal to be useful.
- without dedup, zfs seems amazingly fast… (raidz+cache_on_SSD+cache_on_controler)
- since my raid controller is capable for RAID5, I am considering giving a try to brtfs a try (originally I discarded the idea due to brtfs buggy raid5/6 implementation).
- in my specific case, I would like to use raid5 over 6x3TB HD, a small SSD partition (up to 64GB), and I have an old but trusted adaptec RAID controller with 512MB of cache, RAM=16GB.