Directory backup options do not transmit from server to client as expected

I am running the UrBackup server (v2.5.27) on a Linux host (using official Docker image), and trying to pass “Default Directories to Backup” options from the server to the client (v2.5.22).

I know how to set the options from the client end using “urbackupclientctl add-backupdir”. However I prefer to set directories to backup and their options from the server.

Some options I can set on the server and they successfully transmit down to the client. But not all options. Specifically, “no_follow_symlinks” does not transmit.

Here are my settings on the server:

And here are the results I see on the client. You can see that the “no_follow_symlinks” option did not appear on the client, but the “symlinks_optional” and “share_hashes” options did indeed transmit successfully:

My first thought was maybe this option I want is actually named something different than “no_follow_symlinks”. I came up with that text string by guessing after looking at the help message on the client from urbackupclientctl:

Can anyone tell me what to enter on the server end configuration to instruct the client to not follow symlinks?

Note that if I do not try to set any options on the server, then the client defaults to “follow_symlinks,symlinks_optional,share_hashes”. So my problem may not be a transmit/no_transmit issue … it may actually be a “default/not_default” issue, or even some combination of the two.

What I want is “no_follow_symlinks,symlinks_optional,share_hashes”. How do I get these options set on the client by sending them from the server? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help!

SOLVED

I did some testing and found that this, specified on the server, will stop symlinks from being followed:

/home|home/symlinks_optional,share_hashes

It appears that option specifications on the server and client are not consistent. On the client, you must specifically say “no_follow_symlinks”, but on the server what you do is don’t say “follow_symlinks”.

You get the same behavior (symlinks are not followed) either way, but how you request this behavior is different depending on if you are on the server or the client.