Different Network Client Server

Hi,
I have two different VLANs in my network. Server is working fine with the clients of the same VLAN. But unable to connect to the clients from different VLAN.

I have the same problem.
I investigated a lot about it.
I monitored traffic by tcpdump on the server and on the firewall too, but there isn’t any communication. If I tryed connection with telnet from client to server and this looks OK. FW and server showed the communication, but if I (re)install the urBackup client there isn’t any traffic.

Client PCs on the same network are working well, but a WinServer from VLAN doesn’t. I wanted throw away DataProtector, but it is not possible in this situation.

I prefer manually setting option, because if I know what I want, it must work. This automatic is good if everythink is OK, but if isn’t there isn’t a chance to repair it.

Doesn’t anybody have any advice?

Thanks

Mareg

My networking is very rusty, but I seem to remember something about VLANs being to separate things, so discovery is unlikely to work, because I don’t think broadcast traffic will cross between them.

My instincts say you’ll need to set up any clients on a different VLAN from the server to use internet mode.

I could be way off though, it’s been years since I studied that stuff.

Of course I had this idea, but it doesn’t work also.
I’ll try this again.

Thanks
Mareg

I am sorry, there is a “manual add of station”.
It is at the bottom of page Status. The Internet settings isn’t needed.
Thanks this thread : https://urbackup.atlassian.net/browse/UC-42?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel

But I think the GUI interface need more improvements.
Also option "logout after xx minutes inactivity.

Mareg